Spring Is Near
Sunshine, storms and warm weather are near. After being cooped up all winter long, it is time to get your Spring cleaning list started. Your Iowa home goes through a lot during the winter months and it is needed to make sure the interior and exterior part is ready for the Spring showers to come. We have compiled a list of maintenance tips to get your home ready for the Spring.
5 Tips to Get Your Home Spring Ready
- Maintenance Your Gutters: Throughout the Winter, your gutters go through a lot. Poor or improper drainage can cause water damage to your home down the road. Clear out all the debris and leaves. A maintenance-free option would be to install LeafGuard® Brand Gutters. The #1 gutter system on the market will have you getting rid of your ladder forever.
- Inspect Your Roof: Your roof is your home’s primary defense against all the weather Iowa experiences. Visually inspect the roof, looking for signs of warping, cracking, and loose shingles or tiles. Any sorts of damage should be replaced asap otherwise your home will face severe damage down the road. Another option is to hire a licensed contractor to inspect your roof for you.
- Check Seals Around Windows and Doors: Winter can cause seals around windows and doors to loosen, harden, and crack. Inspect those areas for damage and make repairs as needed. This will help you down the road by reducing air conditioning costs and keeping your home safe from water damage.
- Check Your Home’s Cooling System: It is a good idea to make sure your cooling system is working before the extremely hot summer heat sets in. It is recommended to have it checked yearly by a professional.
- Check Smoke Detector Batteries: This is a common task you should be checking constantly throughout the year. It is an easy and potentially lifesaving task.
HSI Is Always Here To Help
As always, Home Solutions of Iowa is here to help you with getting your home Spring ready. Spring is the perfect time to get started on your next home improvement project. We offer LeafGuard® Gutters, Roofing, Decking, Siding, Windows, and Insulation products. Call us today for your free estimate on the next home improvement project.