Tao’s Air Sealing Project in Ames, Iowa
Water Marks are a Red Flag
Tao and his wife contacted us with concern when they noticed water marks forming on the ceiling of their home in Ames. We sent one of our home solution experts out to do a full home evaluation and find out what was causing this issue.
Condensation in the Attic
During the inspection we found condensation forming in the attic. Moisture from the home was escaping through large gaps in the top plates along with poor attic ventilation, trapping the moisture and causing condensation to form on the underside of the roof and interior walls.
In a result, the condensation was building up enough where it was dripping back onto the insulation and wood beams causing mold growth and the water spots on the ceiling of the interior of the home.
Increased Home Performance
To eliminate moisture leaking from the interior of the home into the attic, we air sealed the large gaps in the top plates along with any other joints and small openings. We also added more ventilation shoots in order to improve airflow.
- Jon’s Attic Insulation Project In West Des Moines, IowaBecca Novak2021-01-14T14:46:07+00:00
- Kevin’s Attic Insulation Project In Marshalltown, IowaBecca Novak2020-12-17T16:46:14+00:00
- Ed’s LeafGuard®, Soffit & Fascia Project in Ames, IAadmin_hsia2020-08-03T18:40:55+00:00
- Nathan’s Knee Wall Insulation Project In Ankeny, IowaBecca Novak2020-12-17T17:46:55+00:00
- Mike’s Spray Foam Insulation Project In Ames, IowaBecca Novak2020-12-31T14:32:20+00:00