Mary’s Rim Joist Job in Adel, Iowa
Cold Basements in Adel, Iowa
Mary is one of our lovely past customers who had LeafGuard® Gutters installed onto her unique Adel, Iowa home. She reached back out to us after noticing how cold her basement floors were with the temperatures dropping outside. We came out to identify the issue Mary was having and give her a solution so she could be comfortable in her Adel Iowa home.
Rim Joist Issues
After going out to Mary’s Adel, Iowa home, we explained that she was losing heat in her home with the gaps in her Rim Joist. In most Iowa homes, the rim joist area is a large source of energy loss. The rim joist is at the edge of your wood floor framing system, which sits on top of your home’s foundation walls. A lot of seams come together at that point and it is a very common area that lacks the appropriate air sealing. With the cold winter air, it allows air to leak through the wood joints, gaps, and openings for duct, plumbing, and electric wires.
Solution: Spray Foam Insulation
To fix this issue, we use Spray Foam Insulation to seal up the gaps in the Rim Joist. Spray Foam Insulation is very beneficial as it air seals and insulates at the same time. Spray Foam provides an air barrier to wherever it is applied to help diminish air leakage from the home. It won’t be damaged by mold or moisture and won’t settle or compress over time. Mary’s basement is now sealed up with the proper insulation needed to diminish any air leakage from her home. She can be comfortable in her home knowing she is getting the ideal heat needed.
- Elizabeth’s Cellulose Insulation Project in Clive, Iowaadmin_hsia2020-07-31T20:59:12+00:00
- Rachel’s LeafGuard® Gutters Project in Davenport, Iowaadmin_hsia2020-07-17T20:21:05+00:00
- Larry’s Air Seal & Cellulose Insulation Project In Mingo, IowaBrent Butler2021-04-19T13:10:18+00:00
- Elizabeth’s LeafGuard® Gutter Project In Ankeny, IowaBecca Novak2021-03-24T14:24:52+00:00
- LeafGuard® Gutter and GAF Timberline Ultra HD Roof in Eddyville, IAadmin_hsia2020-08-03T18:33:04+00:00