Custom Insulation in Altoona, Iowa
Condensation on Basement Walls
The basement of this Altoona home was having issues staying warm and moisture building up on the walls, this was a sign that heat was escaping the home. In this case we needed to address the rim joist and the cement walls that were above-grade.
Our Custom Solution
Because half of the basement wall was above-grade, we needed to insulate the portion of the wall that was above ground along with insulating the rim joist. We first air sealed the walls in order to ensure there would be no air leakage, then spray foamed the rim joist (it both air seals and insulates), and lastly added graphite infused foam insulation to the walls. The foam insulation has a radiant barrier on the surface. The foam board will insulate the walls and the radiant barrier will reflect the indoor heat back inside.
Are you dealing with a cold basement or moisture on your walls? Call Home Solutions of Iowa today for your Home Performance Evaluation, and see how our home comfort solutions can maximize your home’s comfort.
- Bradley’s LeafGuard® Gutter Project in Colfax, Iowaadmin_hsia2020-08-05T14:59:58+00:00
- Barry’s Seamless Gutter & Roofing Project in Urbandale, Iowaadmin_hsia2020-07-31T16:33:42+00:00
- Linda’s LeafGuard® Gutter Project in West Des Moines, Iowaadmin_hsia2020-08-04T21:14:32+00:00
- Orlin’s LeafGuard® Brand Gutter Project in Marion, Iowaadmin_hsia2020-08-04T18:58:27+00:00
- Bill’s LeafGuard® Gutter & Roofing Project in Des Moines, IAadmin_hsia2020-07-31T20:25:08+00:00
- Jeff’s LeafGuard® Gutter Project In Des Moines, IowaBecca Novak2020-09-15T15:06:48+00:00
- Mary’s LeafGuard® & Roofing Project In Des Moines, IowaBecca Novak2020-12-11T17:43:31+00:00
- Scott’s LeafGuard® Gutter Project in Indianola, Iowaadmin_hsia2020-07-31T16:20:47+00:00
- Brenda’s LeafGuard® Gutter Project In Johnston, IowaBecca Novak2020-11-02T15:04:43+00:00