Charles’ Insulation Project in Clive, Iowa
Cold Rooms in Clive
With the temperature dropping, keeping the cold air out and the warm air in is crucial during the winter months. Charles noticed that his second-story rooms were significantly colder than the downstairs and he had problems keeping the family room that shares an exterior wall with the attached garage warm. We sent one of our home solution experts to Charles’ home in Clive to do a Home Performance Evaluation.
We found that most of the heat was escaping through the attic causing the second story rooms to be colder. The culprits were inadequate insulation and cracks that were allowing warm air to escape. We identified that the family room was losing heat through the exterior wall that is shared with the attached garage due to lack of insulation.
We first addressed the cracks in the attic with air sealing. By doing this, we prevent any air leakage from the home into the attic. Next, we added cellulose insulation. This thick layer of blown-in cellulose insulation filled easily and worked great around beams, wires, and other unique objects along with providing Charles’ home with the correct R-value needed. Some benefits of blown-in insulation include:
- Blown-in Cellulose Insulation is made completely of recycled and environmentally safe materials, making it an eco-friendly option.
- Class 1 fire safety rating – the insulation is treated with a non-toxic borate solution giving it the highest safety rating.
- Resistant to mold and insects
The lack of insulation in this exterior wall was causing heat to escape into the garage. We eliminated this problem by adding blown-in cellulose insulation into that outside wall.
Charles can now rest easy this winter knowing his home will stay warm during the harsh winter temperatures. For your Home Performance Evaluation contact Home Solutions of Iowa today.
- Michael’s LeafGuard® Gutter Project in Clive, Iowaadmin_hsia2020-08-04T17:20:37+00:00
- Stanford’s LeafGuard® Gutter Project in Clive, Iowaadmin_hsia2020-08-05T18:42:25+00:00
- Elizabeth’s Cellulose Insulation Project in Clive, Iowaadmin_hsia2020-07-31T20:59:12+00:00