Time To Transform Your Home
This May, we are celebrating National Home Improvement Month. It’s a popular time where homeowners start to think about their next remodel, maintenance, or other “back burner” projects they have been sitting on for a while. With so many options on your list, you want to remodel, it is important to have these three goals when deciding what project to choose.
- Personal comfort or enjoyment
- Long-term maintenance goals
- Market Resale value
“Must Do” Projects
As a homeowner, you should review different parts of your home every year. May is the perfect time to tackle these updates with the warm weather we usually see and to prepare for the summer storms. To celebrate this month of home improvement, we wanted to offer tips and advice to homeowners on various remodeling projects to do around the exterior part of your home.
- Check your roof: Look for missing, broken, or faded shingles. These are signs you may need a new roof to withstand the summer storms we experience in Iowa. We offer two different roofing styles to fit the needs of your home: GAF Asphalt Shingles and Metal Roofing Systems. We provide top of the line roofing options to support your Iowa home.
- Clean your siding: Pressure washing works the best for most homes to remove dirt and algae. While power washing, check for any warping, storm damage, or signs of insects. These are all signs that you need to repair or replace your siding altogether. HSI is proud to offer Engineered Wood Siding and Vinyl Siding. Both of these siding options will protect your home and provide you with maintenance-free siding options.
- Check your windows: Did you feel like the air was leaking in or out of your windows last winter? This is a sign you might need to replace your windows. Here at HSI, we offer SeasonGuard Vinyl Replacement windows. They are designed to outperform any other window on the market. Offering different styles from awning, casement, double-hung, and sliding; you are bound to find a style you love.
- Inspect your gutters: Gutters are the common exterior part of your home that is often overlooked and underestimated in their importance. Check for clogs, proper sloping, and drainage. HSI is proud to be your only source in Iowa for LeafGuard® Gutters. This seamless aluminum gutter system will protect your home from leaves and debris providing you with a maintenance-free lifestyle.
HSI Is Here For All Your Exterior Needs
Being a local and professional company serving the community, we offer LeafGuard® Gutters, roofing, insulation, rain barrels, windows, doors, siding, and decking that will enhance and protect your home. As a fully licensed and insured contractor with an established track record and a long list of happy customers, we can help you get the Summer projects that you have been waiting on completed.