Let’s Improve Your Air Quality
Understanding What Is Ruining Your Indoor Air Quality
We like to escape from the cold weather during the winter and stay inside our homes. Because a lot of us spend so much time in our homes, the indoor air could potentially be more polluted than the outdoor air. Moisture, air fresheners, unclean carpets, humidifiers, and poor-performing HVAC systems are all possible causes of messing with indoor air quality. Let’s deep dive into why your home could be experiencing unhealthy air and our best solutions for it.
Indoor Air Quality Issues
- Ventilation Issues: It is important to have your HVAC maintained regularly. These systems often get neglected and become an area where mold and bacteria like to build up. This can spread allergens and harmful bacteria throughout your home.
- Household Products: Many of the household products we use today like cleaners, aerosol sprays, paints, fuels, air fresheners, and cosmetics can release volatile organic compounds. These can cause several health effects, including headaches, nausea, dizziness, or fatigue.
- Occupant Behavior: Ask yourself these questions: do you smoke indoors, do you regularly open the windows, or do you use a humidifier? All of these can affect your indoor air quality. Smoking is harmful to our health, opening windows can allow outside pollutants in, and humidifiers can get dirty and allow mold and bacteria to grow and spread. Be sure that your humidity level is not over 50%, as it may encourage the growth of mold or dust mites.
Indoor Air Quality Solutions
- Have your HVAC systems serviced regularly
- Don’t smoke indoors
- Store and use household products according to the directions
- Be sure to clean rugs and carpets
Invest In an Aspen Air Purifier
The best way to make sure the air you are breathing in is healthy is to invest in an Aspen Air Purifier. The Aspen Air Purifier is a professional-grade air purification system that removes pollutants 10,000 times smaller than human hair. A powerful system that can combat allergy symptoms and harmful air pollutants, this is a must for your Iowa home. Contact us to get more information on purchasing an Aspen Air Purifier.