Fascia Board & Soffit Board Replacements In Iowa
Soffit & Fascia Board
The soffit and fascia board are important to your home for many reasons. First, they help complement your home and truly make it look great. Secondly, they help enclose the home from the outside, keeping pests and any weather out. They can help increase ventilation into your attic, which can help increase its energy efficiency. Lastly, gutters are installed onto the fascia boards, providing support. Fascia and Soffit boards have to be replaced from time to time. Replacement often comes after noticeable damage has been discovered.
The soffit and fascia boards have an important job in protecting your home. They help with proper ventilation, keep the pests out, and provide a safe area for gutters to attach to.
Soffit & Fascia Board FAQS
Gutters install into the fascia boards on the home and the boards need to be in good condition to support the weight of the gutters. To create an aesthetic appeal, it makes sense to have them replaced when getting a new gutter system to match the new color. Soffits are installed underneath the rafter tails of the home. They help with proper ventilation and if you have any problems with existing soffits, it makes sense to have them replaced at the same time as the fascia boards.
When To Replace Soffit & Fascia Boards
There are other situations in which it makes sense to replace your soffit and fascia boards outside of having new gutters installed. Here are a few situations to consider replacing them:
- Any sort of damage: rusting, soffit peeling away from the property
- If soffit and/or fascia are made from wood, replace them if rot is noticeable
- Pest infestation in the attic, it’s likely that soffits and/or fascia have been damaged where pests can invade
- Mold in the attic can be a sign of poor ventilation with soffits
- Chipped or cracked paint is a sign of old soffit and fascia.